Wheel alignment is important and necessary — right wheel alignment ensures the driver’s and passengers’ safety by making sure the wheels are in line with the car’s body. Improper alignment does not only compromise the safety of the driver and passengers in the car but also causes damage to the tires.
So, what happens during wheel alignment? During the wheel alignment procedure, a car mechanic will move your car over an alignment lift. The alignment lift comes fitted with sensors that check the wheel alignment from several different angles. The data recorded by these sensors is then sent to a computer. A car expert then compares the readings taken by the sensor with the original readings. They then create an elaborate report which will help you understand if your car needs a wheel alignment.
Why Should I Get My Car’s Wheel Aligned?
If you are wondering why must you get your car’s wheels aligned, here are some of the benefits associated with the procedure.
- The biggest advantage of a wheel alignment is obviously safety. When you know everything is right with your car, you can rest assured knowing everyone and everything will be safe.
- You will find that driving a car becomes much easier and smoother after the wheel alignment procedure.
- Wheel alignment does not only protects a car’s tires from damage but also improves a car’s fuel efficiency.
- It also reduces the need for unnecessary automotive repairs.
When Does Wheel Alignment Become Absolutely Necessary?
With time, the angles of a car undergo some changes. It is, thus, that getting your car’s wheels realigned from time to time becomes absolutely necessary. You must especially get your car’s wheels aligned if you met with an accident, even a small one. Similarly, a car’s wheels also need realigning after you have upgraded the suspension system or the steering.
In general, car experts recommend that you must get your wheels aligned after every two to three years. However, this is when your car has not undergone any kind of wear and tear. You may find the need to get your wheels aligned more often if you drive your car on bumpy roads or if you have recently got new tires.
Are There Are Any Signs I Should Keep an Eye out For?
There are some signs that indicate your car needs wheel realignment. Keep an eye out for the signs discussed below.
- When you drive, you find it hard to keep your car straight. Your car keeps veering either left or right.
- You feel a certain kind of instability while driving.
- You hear a screeching sound every time you turn your car.
- Your steering wheel does not feel like it is straight.
If you notice these signs more than once, immediately hire a car expert and have them check your car’s wheel alignment.
Wheel alignment is not an expensive procedure, but it is certainly a procedure the importance of which you mustn’t undermine. The cost of the procedure will depend on the condition of your car as well as the type of car. If you think there’s something wrong with your car’s tires, find a reliable and trustworthy car expert in your area and have them check everything properly.
Time to Visit Your Fraser, MI Auto Repair Shop?
Feel free to stop in and visit Car Guys Auto Center today or give us a call at (586) 285-4444! We would be happy to answer any auto-related questions you may have. We are located at :
Car Guys Auto Center
32639 Groesbeck Hwy
Fraser, MI 48026